There are 5 days left of this term for myself and my fellow PGCE students. I am so tired, it really can’t come any sooner. However, this week is going to be immense, for a number of reasons. The list thing worked well in my last post, so let’s try it again:-
- Monday morning is the Y3/4 dress rehearsal of ‘Stable Manners’ which the rest of the school watches. So that’s a stressful 9-10.45 slot.
- Mid-morning Monday is my maths lesson; that’s right, I’ve been given the prime-time teaching spot of post-dress-rehearsal and pre-lunchtime run about. I’m just going to get them to design Santa’s Grotto….it’s loosely going to be related to area. I’m simply being realistic.
- Monday afternoon is PPA time.
- Tuesday morning is PPA time in which the Y3/4 phase plan next term’s teaching. So that’s Tuesday morning filled.
- Tuesday afternoon is the Y5/6 dress rehearsal which the rest of the school watches. As long as I don’t have any more hysterical children sat at my feet (see the previous post), this should go well.
- Wednesday afternoon at 2.30 and 4 is the Y3/4 performance of ‘Stable Manners’. So that’s pretty much the whole day gone.
- Thursday morning is the R/Y1/2 dress rehearsal…..which the whole school watches. I’m foreseeing a rather hilarious morning.
- Friday morning we’re teaching Science safety. Basically they need to draw posters and try not to fall off their chairs.
- Friday mid-morning we’re designing Christmas crown with our Y1 ‘Buddy Class’. N’awwwwwww (as long as nobody staples their fingers together).
- Friday afternoon is taken up with Christmas lunch.
- Then I crash and burn.
- OH and I made this Cinnabon Cake which will be waiting for me after school. HOORAY! Click here for the recipe!